Chicago Bulls fall to Charlotte Hornets 94-86 (Box Score and Thoughts)
Confession: I had a hard time doing a write-up on the Detroit Pistons game (aka my PC died while writing it and I lost my notes). But I’m glad to be back to talk about another Chicago Bulls preseason loss as we managed to lose to the Charlotte Hornets. A few thoughts…
- The Hornets have legitimately the coolest looking court in the NBA.
- Tony Snell has struggled as of lately and this trend continued tonight with 3 points and 2 boards, shooting 25%.
- Jimmy Butler played a total of 37 minutes and this is only the preseason…the ghost of Thibodeau temporarily possessed Hoiberg tonight.
- Joakim Noah had his first game this preseason where I felt relatively confident in his game, ending the night with 12 points and 13 boards. Unfortunately he only shot 25% as well…but he was moving incredibly well throughout his 33 minutes on the court.
- Taj Gibson looked like the potential 6MOY that we know and love. Stacey King and Neil Funk noted how it was clear his ankle strength was returning with how well he was able to elevate tonight.
- Jeremy Lin ended the night with 18 points and shot incredibly well throughout. Look for him to be a huge part of this Hornets squad this season…
- …and thank goodness Kemba’s injury wasn’t anything serious. I held my breath for a moment when he was laying on the ground in the first quarter.